The resolution of a video is usually expressed in width × height and the value is given in pixels. There are two particular types of resolutions: the Standard Definition (SD) and the High Definition (HD). For video, the mostly used resolutions are 640×360 & 640×480 and for DVD it is 720×480 & 720×576. HD videos have a resolution of 1280×720 (720p) and in some cases1920×1080(1080p) which is known as Full HD.
The main reasons for changing the resolution of the video or the Video size are to make it more compatible with the device that is going to play the video. The other reasons are that when you change the resolution, you can also make the quality of the video image better. Movavi is the best converter you could get to perform this job as it is easy to use and very fast.
Steps to follow:
- Install the Movavi Video Converter by downloading it from the website of Movavi. Run the download.exe file that comes along with the software and you will see that the software is installed. You will have to follow a few instructions from the Installation wizard.
- Add the video to you want to change to the program by clicking on the ADD Video option that lies on the upper left corner of the window. In the new window that pops up select as many videos you want to change. You can even add a DVD by selecting the ADD DVD button.
- Choose the format that you want the video in. there are many available formats in the drop down menu. Click on the More Presets option and choose the video format you want. It can be anything like AVI, MOV, FLV, WMV,MP4, etc. you can choose the resolution now, or later. PSP, iPOD, iPAD and iPHONE have their own formats and these are also available on Movavi.
- Specify the resolution of your video but you can skip this step if you have selected a format on the last step. There will be a settings button right next to the list of conversions. There will be a drop box on frame sizes. You can choose one from there to specify the resolution or hit on the Custom button to input the resolution you want. After applying the changes, click on OK. Always preview to know how your video will look after converting.
- Now, convert the video. Before this, select the place where you want your video to go as the Movavi converter will otherwise automatically save it to the C drive of your computer. Click on the Browse button that is just next to the field of Destination and choose the folder you want the video in. click on OK. Now click on the Convert button and your work here is done.